About Our Punjabi Translation Services
We are a Canadian company with experience and a reputation you can trust!
- Fast free translation estimates for any Punjabi translation project!
- Proofreading by a second translator is always included!
- Superb service and quality at cost-effective rates!
- Our quality reference list will give you peace of mind.
Call us at 888-294-3032 or click the button in the upper right of our website for a fast and knowledgeable response.
We only translate Punjabi for business and government institutions directly. To assist individuals, we have gathered information on translating a wide range of personal documents such as Birth Certificates,
Passports and Passport Stamps,
Criminal Records and Criminal Clearances,
School Transcripts, and
Diplomas and Degrees. Please visit HERE!
Punjabi to English and English to Punjabi Translation Services
* Punjabi is the only living Indo-European language that is completely tonal and is written in the Gurmukhi script which was developed from the Landa alphabet and was standardized during the 16th Century by the second Sikh guru, Guru Angad Dev Ji.
* The Gurmukhi script is written from left to right and is a syllabic alphabet which means that each consonant has an inherent vowel which is changed by diacritics placed above, below or after the consonant.
Samples of Punjabi Translation and Interpretation Services
* We have performed translation services from Punjabi to English for a wide range of documents.
About the Punjabi Language
* There are around 102 million native Punjabi speakers around the world which makes it the 10th most widely spoken language in the world.
* Punjab is the native language of the Punjab people who inhabit the historic Punjab region of Pakistan and India and it is the most common native language in in Pakistan, the eleventh most common language in India and the third most common native language of the Indian Subcontinent.
* The influence of Punjabi is increasing thanks to the popularity of Bollywood movies which often have some Punjabi vocabulary included and even entire songs sung in Punjabi, and it is the fourth most spoken language in the UK and the third most spoken in Canada with a significant presence in the UAE, USA, Saudi Arabia and Australia.
* It is believed that there were ancestors of the Punjab people living in the Indus Valley from at least 2500 B.C.E.
* The invasion of Indo-Aryan language speakers led to ancient Punjabi evolving from Sanskrit into Prakrit which is the ancestor of many ancient Indic languages spoken between the 6th and 13th centuries AD.
* The development of modern Punjab literature is paralleled by the development of the Gurumukhi script which was created by the Sikh gurus.
* Punjabi literature only emerged in the 15th Century but since there has been a remarkable amount of high quality religious and mystical poetry written in Punjabi.
Interesting Facts about Punjabi
* Punjab is the biggest producer of wheat in India and is the reason why Punjab is called the bread basket of India.
* Punjab was divided between India and Pakistan in 1947 and despite the fact that Punjabis have a common cultural heritage they now are either Indian or Pakistani nationals.