About Our Cantonese Translation Services
We are a Canadian company with experience and a reputation you can trust!
- Fast free translation estimates for any Cantonese translation project!
- Proofreading by a second translator is always included!
- Superb service and quality at cost-effective rates!
- Our quality reference list will give you peace of mind.
Call us at 888-294-3032 or click the button in the upper right of our website for a fast and knowledgeable response.
We only translate Cantonese for business and government institutions directly. To assist individuals, we have gathered information on translating a wide range of personal documents such as Birth Certificates,
Passports and Passport Stamps,
Criminal Records and Criminal Clearances,
School Transcripts, and
Diplomas and Degrees. Please visit HERE!
Cantonese to English and English to Cantonese Translation Services
Some very important points to keep in mind when translating the Cantonese language:
* Cantonese is a Chinese language and as such a member of the Sino-Tibetan family of languages.
* Cantonese is spoken by more than 60 million people in China, according to the state-run China Daily.
* Cantonese in the written form is referred to as Traditional Chinese.
* For Translation Services from and into Chinese, such as Cantonese (Traditional Chinese), grammar is surprisingly straightforward, with none of the tenses, plurals, cases or genders that are present in European languages.
* Mandarin or Cantonese? The spoken Chinese language Mandarin is the major language of China and the population that speaks it largely exceeds those that speak Cantonese.
Samples of Cantonese Translation Projects
* In 2015, Language Marketplace was honoured to have provided the services of eighteen consecutive Mandarin interpreters, one Cantonese consecutive interpreter, and two simultaneous conference interpreters, for Mandarin, during the think Asia, think Hong Kong conference. As Asia continues to be a driving force in the global economy's growth, the event provided North American companies keen on exploring new business opportunities in the East to partner with Hong Kong, Asia's international trade and financial centre, in their search for success. Our interpreters facilitate the communication among attendees, by providing interpretation services.
* As a vendor Translation Services for many cities in Canada, providing translation services from English into Traditional and Simplified Chinese is almost a daily requirement.
About the Chinese Language
* Currently about 1.2 billion people, which is approximately 15% of the world's population, speak some form of Chinese as their first language. However Cantonese is the first language of only half the population of Guangzhou, which is China’s third-largest city and the provincial capital of Guangdong. Cantonese here is the only language for many of its elderly residents. Cantonese is rapidly being viewed as part of the cultural identity for its native speakers, in the areas that residents still speak it. It is in danger of being overtaken by Mandarin.
* According to Statistics Canada, Canadians of Chinese origin are the largest non-European ethic community in Canada, in fact the Chinese community is the 5th largest of any ethic origin in Canada, other than English and French.
* Chinese Immigrant Population in the United States, as per 1980-2013 censuses, was over 2 million.
* Learning to read and write either Mandarin or Cantonese as a language can be potentially fun and rewarding, as one has to learn how to write Chinese characters. It is a visually beautiful and often poetic script, and can give the apprentice a useful insight into the Chinese mind. But be forewarned and prepared for a long learning journey as you’ll need to memorize over 2,000 characters to read a Chinese newspaper!
Interesting Facts about Cantonese (Traditional Chinese)
* Cantonese in the written form is referred to as Traditional Chinese
* Spoken Cantonese is the Chinese language spoken most in London, UK and San Francisco, United States, this thanks to immigration into these two cities.