About Language Marketplace
We are a Canadian company with experience and a reputation you can trust!
- Fast free translation estimates for any Bengali translation project!
- Proofreading by a second translator is always included!
- Superb service and quality at cost-effective rates!
- Our quality reference list will give you peace of mind.
Call us at 888-294-3032 or click the button in the upper right of our website for a fast and knowledgeable response.
We only translate Bengali for business and government institutions directly. To assist individuals, we have gathered information on translating a wide range of personal documents such as Birth Certificates,
Passports and Passport Stamps,
Criminal Records and Criminal Clearances,
School Transcripts, and
Diplomas and Degrees. Please visit HERE!
Bengali to English and English to Bengali Translation Services
* The most interesting thing about the Bengali alphabet is the fact that every consonant includes a vowel sound and diacritical marks are used to change the default vowel sound when writing Bengali.
* There are many other Eastern Indian scripts including Oriya, Manipuri and Maithili that evolved from Old Bengali script, and it is currently used to write several languages including Bengali and Assamese.
* It is also said that the Old Bengali script is derived from Nagari which first appeared in Eastern South Asia around the 11th Century CE, and Old Bengali is currently only found in a collection of 48 poems known as the charva songs composed by the mostly Buddhist siddhacharyas (enlightened ones).
* There are some who believe that the Bengali script comes from the Brahmi alphabet used in the Ashokan inscriptions between 273BC and 232BC.
Samples of Bengali Translation and Interpretation Services
* Translation services for Bengali is a very specialized type of translation when approximately 45% of the language is derived from Sanskrit, although a great deal of the language evolved from Magadhi Prakrit as well. Language Marketplace understands the expertize required!
About the Bengali Language
* Bengali, also known as Bangla is an Indio-Aryan language that currently has around 250 million native speakers, making it the seventh most spoken native language in the world.
* Standard Bengali used in Bangladesh and West Bengal are characterised by minor differences in usage, accent and phonetics.
* The literary form of Bengali is the primary language spoken in Bangladesh and the second most common spoken language in India.
Linguistic studies have shown that there are several loan words from non-Indo-European languages including Dravidian, Austroasiatic and Sino-Tibetan.
The vocabulary of modern Bengali reveals many foreign influences, especially Persian-Arabic and English.
Bengali is currently spoken from Bangladesh all the way to the Indian states of West Bengal, Assam and Tripura making it the second most spoken language in India.
Interesting facts about Bengali
* Bengali is an extremely important language to South Asia and particularly to India, with the national anthems of Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka all being composed in Bengali.
* The Bengali Language Movement, a cultural uprising to reclaim the identity of Bangla in East Pakistan, led to the death of several Dhaka University students and activists on 21 February 1952 and each year is commemorated by International Mother Language Day.